I learned something new today about the procedure of flying of our flag on Memorial Day ~
For 142 years, on Memorial Day, the U.S. flag only flies at half-staff for the first half of the day, and then is raised to full height from noon to sundown. This unique custom honors the war dead for the morning, and living veterans for the rest of the day.
I've decorated the front lawn with flags to show our utmost gratitude for those that have died while serving our country ~
There is a yellow ribbon and flag that I have on the tree in our parkway for Matt and all of our service people, that are serving our country away from home. May they ALL come home safely...
This weekend while you're celebrating the holiday with family and friends take a moment to remember
why it is a 'holiday'...
No comments:
Post a Comment