Monday, April 12, 2010

Shopping the house...

Remember when I wrote about doing away with our landline?   Well, when we did that we were left with this not so pretty site...



Someone suggested for me to get a shadow box.  So I decided to shop around my house to find one and sure enough I did!  



This shadow box previously held a beautiful hand made card that I received from my son in-law Casey's  mom when I had surgery a year ago. 




Then because the card was horizontal I needed to change it out so that the frame could hang vertically.  I decided to go through the silver that my grandmother had given me before she passed away and I found the perfect item!  This lovely spoon...


So I got busy ~ found the perfect paper from my scrapbooking stash for the backdrop and then I tied a ribbon around the spoon and stuck it to the paper.  


 Now I have this beautifully framed spoon that holds a sentimental memory for me...




And covers up that unsightly phone jack!!!



1 comment:

  1. I noticed that spoon yesterday! It looks quite lovely and what a great way to showcase an item with sentimental value.

    ReplyDelete