Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Beginning...

Today is the first day of my blogging life! When I decide to do something it tends to happen at that moment as did this blog! I live in Lombard, IL, known as the Lilac Village! This is why I've chosen Visions of Lilacs! I'm the mom of a 2001 Lilac Princess and was co-chair of the Lilac Princess Program 2002, 2003 & 2008. We co-chairs were referred to as the "Queen Mums"! It is beautiful around this time of year when the Lilac bushes start to bud ~ it is always wished that the blooms don't open until closer to the Lilac Parade which is the 3rd Sunday in May. People from all over come to visit ~it's always a fun day!

I'm a wife, mom to 4 wonderful adult children, mother in-law to 2 fantastic son in-laws and gramma Cathy to 2 granddaughters!!! A third grandchild is due this October! There is nothing better than being a "grand"parent!!!! It certainly makes having gone through all the trials and tribulations of raising their parents all the more worthwhile!!

I have lived in Lombard now for about 40 years and always wonder where the time has gone. This month my husband & I will be married 32 years. Hubby is currently looking for a job ~ we were set to move to Denver where he had a position but when it came down to it ~ I just couldn't leave the family here. We'd had our house for sale since January 6th and even though there were people who came to look ~ no one was buying. Over the years we've put a lot into our house in order to make it a "home"! It speaks "us" in every corner and the memories that have been made here are forever etched in my mind. The feeling of grief is what I was experiencing at the mere thought of leaving and even though my husband doesn't have a job here we decided this is where we needed to stay. Everything is for a reason or it wouldn't happen...

I love to volunteer, do crafty things, decorate my house, read (when I pick up a book) and nap ~ but mostly spend time with the family and dearest of friends. I love to shop ~ although that is pretty limited at the moment! I've learned to shop around my house for things so that I can create changes to what already is.

My creation of this blog is to share a bit of my life through my thoughts and feelings to be shared at some point down life's path with my grandchildren....

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! And so pretty, too! I'm going to put this on my RSS Feed and keep up - and maybe even actually update mine every now and again! (first to comment - how fun is that??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there! Welcome to the world of blogging. It looks great and I look foward to reading your future posts!

    Signed the other Queen Mum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am so glad to have found your blog! I know I will have fun keeping up on the family. Welcome!

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete